- THE FIRST RONDE: 37 Flandriens cycled the first hellish journey of 324 km, which was won by Paul Deman.
- 6KG OF SPAGHETTI: The amount of calories consumed by a typical rider corresponds to 18 pasta portions. He can also lose 5 to 6 litres of fluid in sweat.
- 1 OF THE 5 CYCLING MONUMENTS: The Tour (of Flanders) with Milan-San-Remo, Paris-Roubaix, Liege-Bastonge-Liege and the Tour of Lombardy
- THE YOUNGEST WINNER: Rik van Steenbergen, rode The Tour in 1944 at the age of 19.
- THE OLDEST WINNER: Andrei Tchmil won in 2000 when he was 37 years old.
- 26.22 KM/H: The slowest Tour of Flanders was held in 1926
- 43.58 KM/H: The fastest Tour of Flanders was held in 2001
Back to Stories